Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One person's gaming journey, one month at a time. BLOG ENTRIES ARE NOT TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION

Google

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

So Close and Yet So Far

I have been extremely busy with work. Since December last year I have had the responsibility of running much of our family business. The business has been growing over the last three to four years. To the point where we have been doubling the sales of one of our product lines over every 12 months. However, we have had some recent changes to the business and I have been a lot busier than before. Unfortunately, this has meant that gaming and writing has taken a back seat. Gaming is my R & R time. However, while some of my more hardcore gaming has had to be placed gently in to neutral my ongoing fascination with Wii Bowling has continued.

The other night I managed to snatch ten strikes in a row to attain a new high score. As with the pursuit of perfection in the beginning you take large steps towards your target. When learning a new skill you take your largest strides at the beginning then as your skill level improves you tend to plateau. Making progress a matter of persisting through a lot of repetition. Then, all of a sudden, you take a step in the direction that you want to head. Then you plateau again.

I am only one strike away from the ultimate score in bowling. The problem I am facing is that the family don't really bother worrying about my score any more. The challenge of the game has transcended competing against other people. They just bowl against themselves. Which means that I end up bowling against myself. Hopefully the perfect score is not far away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home