Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One person's gaming journey, one month at a time. BLOG ENTRIES ARE NOT TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION

Google

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sad or Sweet mate?

I don't know whether to think this is extremely cool or inherently sad. A hard core Halo fan has made himself (it would have to be a him, what woman in her right mind would do this) a replica of the Master Chief's assault rifle. Apparently, he created the design of the rifle with Corel Draw and then had the pieces individually laser cut. He has then had to assemble it and finish the build.

A part of me (probably the nerdy part which likes Star Wars and used to play with Star Wars toys when I was a kid) says that's pretty awesome. And yet another part of me (probably the adult part) says why would anyone in their right mind do something like that? What would you do with it after it is finished? Bring it out at dinner parties. Say to people, "Hey, do you want to see my replica Halo assault rifle?" I am sure those non-gaming adult type of people would be saying, "Sure, that's nice, but why did you make it?" Then in their minds they would be saying, "That is one strange thing to decided to build. Couldn't he have made something which would have solved world hunger?" Then those nerdy gaming friends that he has would be saying, "That is awesome. I want one. I'll pay you $500 to make me one."

I don't know whether I like it or am inherently scared by the fact that someone decided to do it. I am sure that if he decided to sell it, or even others, on Ebay he would make a small fortune. As to whether Bungie and Microsoft are happy with him taking some of their intellectual property and making a profit from it is a whole different law suit. Cool or sad I will let you decide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home