Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One person's gaming journey, one month at a time. BLOG ENTRIES ARE NOT TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION

Google

Friday, March 23, 2007

RIP: My Desktop - We travelled the World Together

It happened last night. An unfortunate event which I was hoping would hold itself off for a little while longer. My desktop computer finally kicked the bucket. It was my games machine and had been in service for quite some time. However, I don't know whether I will get much more upgrading out of it.

I have been running an AMD 64bit 3400+ system, however, it is Socket 754 (Damn you AMD and your short lived chipset). So, there is no more upgrading for the processor. Also, it is running DDR RAM and AGP graphics. The system had been in my service for quite some time and managed to experience several different upgrades along the way to keep it chugging through games. However, it will chug no more.

At the time I made my desktop we were building a lot of desktops and I inherited an Albatron motherboard which we were not going to support any more (it was a load of crap). However, it is the motherboard which has finally the motherboard which has given way. It could not run USB devices but it managed to keep on firing for two and a half years.

The times we had together. There were the fun times, which included gaming, and then there were the frustrating times when the voice on the motherboard would say, "Your CPU may have a problem" and decide not to POST.

The unfortunate thing is that I can't afford the complete upgrade my computer requires at the moment so it looks like I will be gaming on the work notebook. DOH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home