Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One person's gaming journey, one month at a time. BLOG ENTRIES ARE NOT TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION

Google

Saturday, March 17, 2007

You Know You Are A Geek When...

You think this is a good way to package a game. Sadly, I think it is a good way to package a game, just to show off my geekiness.

That's right, it is apparently official. Microsoft have decided to make the most expensive retail release of a game ever. You will be able to purchase not just the limited edition Halo 3 (which is now so passee) but the Legendary Edition. This "Legendary" edition will be packaged in the Master Chief's helmet. I hate to think how much this will cost in Australia, but I reckon that chances are it will surpass the ridiculous pricing of the Half Life 2 Limited Editions (or $120 T-Shirt edition). Oh, and you don't just get the helmet but you get the game as well. Amazing, as I reckon there are people out there (strange, lonely people) who would pay money just for the helmet. Of course, you will get a host of extras, of which, you probably not watch any of them.

I might just be preordering one anyway, just to show off my own geekiness. It does mark the end of Halo as a single player experience. Although I am sure that Microsoft will one day in the near future say, "Hang on, Halo made us a lot of money, why did we stop it?"

1 Comments:

  • At 9:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've seen a price somewhere, probably just a rumour but it was saying it will be $129.95 USD. So do your conversion and then add your standard 40% increase and you'll have our price.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home